Is it just me or has 2011 come and gone in a blink of the eye? It only seems like yesterday that everyone was getting excited about the Headlines tour, rumours about a new album and what 2011 had in store for our lovely ladies. I think it’s fair to say 2011 was a generally successful year for the girls, the only minor inconveniences had to be the chart placements of My Heart Takes over and On Your Radar, but apart from that the year as a whole was pretty successful. Two tours, ending with the awesome All Fired Up Tour which was the girls first headline arena tour. The release of their new album On My Radar – which is a solid album – just for whatever reasons the girls have struggled to increase their fan base or have managed to alienate the ‘floater’ buyers who haven’t (yet) picked up the album. Either way I’m sure their management are looking at the stats and details that we don’t have and are working on a plan for 2012, talking of which …
What is lined up for the girls in 2012? We gaze into our crystal ball, which is awfully cloudy, and guess the following MIGHT happen …
– We could expect to see another single from On My Radar, what one? Who knows, but if Una is going to be involved in the promo she’s not going to want to be dancing around, so maybe a ballad?
– Common sense suggests that there will be an album release sooner rather than later. You can probably flip a coin right now if this is likely to be a re-release of On My Radar or another album type release – Greatest Hits anyone?? – Which means they could promote a new single without Una’s vocals heavily included.
– More engagements? What with Una and Rochelle getting into the sprit this Christmas who’s next? Frankie? Mollie? Place your bets now …
– More babies?
– Was all this talk about the USA just talk? Or will they actually go about it? Or will the not-so-great chart placement of On Your Radar in the UK, and the baby, change all those plans?
Musically 2012 could be another sparse year for The Saturdays, I’d imagine the girls will continue to record during 2012, maybe we’ll see new-new material by the years end, but I think the levels of promo that they did throughout 2011 will be unlikely what with Una wanting to spend time (and rightly so) with her baby, if she really wants to tour up and down the UK across the summer festival season is a decision that only she can their management can make, although the girls as a 4 piece are likely to do some promotional work for any likely single/album releases if its on the same scale as 2011 is up for debate.
Either way, we personally thank you for ALL your support to this website during 2011, with our competitions to meet the girls on the Headlines Tour at the start of the year, though to the All Fired Up Tour that only recently ended, without you guys and girls visiting it would make our work pointless.
Hope everyone has a wonderful new year! 🙂
– The Saturdays Fansite Team xx